Positioning, identity, tone of voice and guidelines for The IT Job Board
We undertook a full rebrand for an industry leading jobs portal for IT professionals. With their marketplace becoming ever more competitive, The IT Job Board recognised the need to take a step back and refocus on its goals and core strengths. We were approached to lead a full repositioning aimed at ensuring the company retains its competitive edge and builds on its elevated market position.
A new positioning
- Our process began with a rigorous brand audit, comprising a series of workshops and interviews with stakeholders and candidates, set alongside extensive competitor research
- This information enabled us to begin work on a new positioning for brand. Our research revealed candidates valued the The IT Job Board’s easy to use interface and the simplicity of the application procedure which made applying for a job much more straightforward than on competitor sites. This insight informed a new proposition, ’IT Jobs made simple’
- Following the development of the proposition we developed a personality and a set of brand values, alongside a mission statement, commercial and brand vision, reasons to believe, discriminators as part of a comprehensive positioning document
A new visual identity
- The proposition informed the new visual identity, designed to feel simple, modern and accessible.
- We replaced the ’key’ device in the previous logo with a magnifying glass icon as we sought to bring ’search’ to the heart of the identity. This was reinforced with the strapline, ’Your search made simple’
- The visual identity system was kept clean and simple, whilst incorporating subtle ’IT’ related cues (including a monospace typeface similar to that used in many development environments) designed to resonate with the brand’s candidates
- As part of the design process, the new identity was tested amongst the organisations’ candidates at key stages
A new Tone Of Voice
- The brand’s verbal identity was developed in conjunction with the visual identity
- The IT Job Board Tone Of Voice is ’Intelligently Simple’ and is designed to ensure that all communications are accessible and easy to digest. IT may be complex, but finding an IT job should be simple, straightforward and intuitive